Saturday, January 23, 2010

Be the Light in Someone's Time of Darkness

First of all, I'd like to say thank you for everyone who dropped by and commented in my last posts. :D It means so much to me and I really appreciate all your comments. Plus, I really hope my art journal inspires you to make one or at least inspire you to be more creative in some way. Arts and crafts have been a passion of mine since I was a little kid so the art journal was something I really wanted to do. Plus I can't wait to read and look through it at the end of the year. :D Hahaha. 

(On another note, some of you commented on the fact that I wake up pretty early for church. Well it's cause we live like errr 100km (estimate) away from it so yea, we travel to go to church. It's literally three-four cities away from where I live. Hehehe.)

Now back to what I really was going to write about. Yesterday was amazing and fun. The prayer walk was fun and inspiring. After walking 10 minutes from church we finally reached the Jebels (rocky, desert looking - old golf course) and well, it was truly a special moment. The view, the fellowship of young believers, doughnuts, laughter - it was definitely a "God sighting"



I can feel spring in the air. Hehehe. Finally I can start wearing dresses without tights! Hahaha


Yesterday I fell in love. I fell in love with Rosy (one of the youth leaders adorable dog).
Yes, I am a dog lover. :)


I forgot to take a picture of the view *yess stupid moment* Hahaha. Luckily I had a photo of the Balajadia family with the amazing view. :D That little girl, is Bianca but I call her Bianchi. She's the cutest, most adorable girl I know plus I love her. Yes, I do love babies and kids.


That's my brother (yess that dude there, you can't miss him) and his group. :) They were the lucky ones who got to the top boulder/rocky places first.

And finally, pictures of my outfit. Unfortunately I wasn't able to take a picture of myself when we were at the Jebels. Boohoo. I really really wanted to.


blazer, Nexus at Centrepoint/Splash :: polo shirt, grabbed from brother's closet :: black top, Kashieca :: shorts, thrift shop at Glorietta :: tights, unknown :: jewelry, thrifted, Centrepoint.Splash and gifts


FYI, I'm a "frustated" person who wants to learn Photoshop . hahaha. I have yet to learn how to use Photoshop to its fullest capabilities but I am learning. This is something, that I thinked turned out pretty well. :) I thinkkkk..




“You can only become truly accomplished at something you love. Don’t make money your goal. Instead pursue the things you love doing and then do them so well that people can’t take their eyes off of you.” - Maya Angelou


Have a great weekend/week everyone. Hugs & Kisses. Mwuahx!


37 comments:

Noelle Chantal said...

that dog is really cute! and the flower photo is so refreshing plus the view from the rocky place is really nice!

love the layering of necklace and the your bro's shirt! great outfit :)

Sammy said...

love the outfit! :)
really like the colour.
thanks for the comment, really appreciate it. :D

x
testingfashion.blogspot.com

Mom Fashion World said...

i'm a dog lover too but it's not right time to
take care of any pets yet. mr. freddy's too small and i'm scared that a dog will bite him.
i love the last photo you edited in photoshop.
i've been dying of learning photoshop too. it really takes time.

p.s thanks for the comment and for adding me to your blog roll. i just added you too. all links can be found on the very bottom of my site. see you around!

Mom Fashion World said...

p.s i named you ''jewel in the sand''.

Hanae said...

beautiful pictures! and you look gorgeous! nice outfit!

Gizelle Faye | Vanilla Ice Cream said...

hey, thanks for adding me on your blog roll!:D i'll be following you too...

and i really love the layering that you did here..plus all the accessories!

gizellefaye.blogspot.com

Phyllis said...

yea i keep trying to learn photoshop on my own too... but i really like what you did! looks cool. great outfit too hun

Audrey Allure said...

such beautiful flowers, and gorgeous outfit!

Sybil said...

cute dog!!!! :D

i dont even know how to use the photoshop thing! hahaha! im such a loser! :D

anyway, you look fantastic!
thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving a sweet message! :D

http://animatedconfessions.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hello, Velire. Thankyou so much for the comment. Follow me? :)


You have a nice sense of fashion, love your outfit.

Unknown said...

lovely outfit Vera!!!! your photos are always amazing!

xx,
betz
http://herarmoire.blogspot.com

June said...

great photogs.

StuddedLilly said...

hey thanks for stopping by my blog!! great pictures and i'm loving your outfit!! (and your header) too cute!
i'm following :)

xo

Polished Sense said...

Love your outfits Vera! and your Photoshop skillzzz are very cool. Good job!

Have a Sunday Funday:D

♡,
Jessica

Sweet said...

wow that trip looks like it was amazing
the floral pictures are super and I do like your photo shop
you did a very nice job
and the blazer <3 it!!!

http://www.evadanielle.com/blog

-Sweet

M. said...

LOVE the blazer!

lovelove, M.
http://marissaexplains.blogspot.com

Sher said...

What a delightful and beautiful outing!

I love your chic and very well put together outfit! Especially adore the necklaces:)

xx

megara said...

i am loving all of your accessories. the tights look great on you. and thanks for posting the last quote. Such a great one!

freshbrownies.blogspot.com

Fika said...

I love how you layered your outfit!!
it looks cool!!

Love,
SWEET ESCAPE

Jess said...

GREAT layering - that blazer is divine. i'm a dog lover as well :) and lucky you getting spring so early - its still freezing over here!

Behind The Seams said...

wonderful layers!

Chrissy said...

Cool pictures. Have fun learning Photoshop - it is awesome. :D

Anonymous said...

gorgeous look
totally beautiful, love the outfit
great blog
thanks for sharing as always
and thanks for your sweet comment, i really do appreciate it!

-cma
COSMICaroline.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

great photos young lady. And i love your outfit. Love all the layers.

I am Denise Katipunera

dred said...

i love the layering on this one. you totally rocked it! :)

http://dredreveries.blogspot.com

michelle_ said...

love how u layer the plaid under the blazer ! i might as well try that soon :D
and am a dog lover too :D
thanks soo much for dropping by at my blog :D
hope you'll check out my new post up now :D

love . michelle @ GLISTERS&BLISTERS

Alviana Kalin said...

Hi vera, love the outfit!! great layerings :)

Ashley Dy said...

I definitely love your outfit!

toxic disco boy said...

love the outfit. ^^ for a moment there kala ko singaporean blogger ka. ^^

i love thrifting too. ^^

Anonymous said...

hi Vera! thanks for adding me on ur list! awesome blog you have here, will def add you too.

great layering here! and the accessories added oomph to the overall look! gorgeous!!

i like the last pic, btw

toni

twinsouls888 said...

great outfit, love the pix ^_^

I V Y said...

your gorgeous and i just love your blazerr!

Lexy @ QUIRKY EXPLOSION said...

Oooh. Such great scenery! And I'm so envious that you can feel spring coming around - where I live, it just keeps on getting colder and colder!

And you look great - perfect layering!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
quirkyexplosion.blogspot.com

inkarlcerating said...

yer super pretty
love yer blog..

ash le dugan said...

wow, those photos are amazing and eyecatching....

gorgeous view...i need to go there!!

i love your outfit....especially the blazer!! great blog

xo
aquadisiacdugan.blogspot.com

stylefool said...

Hey Velerie!!

Great outfit.!! Love the layering. And yeah, since I'm the youngest, I must say I love babies and kids too! PLUS!! I am totally inlove with cute and furry DOGS..
Great posts!!

Raisa
visit and follow
Stylefool

monica said...

ahhh cute blog!

i like ur outfit...dont worry, i dont even bother learning photoshop - too hard for me. ur doing a good job :)